Wednesday, October 26, 2011

Garmins OpenCaching geocache service

I've been a semi-active geocacher for 2-3 years now, using geocaching.com, but I've been trying Garmins OpenCaching now for awhile.
I must say it is much nicer in many ways, they offer an open API, with data under the Creative Commons Attribution Share-Alike 3.0 License. And the best part, no payments to get more features (who the hell pays for anything on the Internet ? Not me).
OpenCaching caches in Turku area
The API especially is interesting, I might do something with that soon. I even got off my ass and asked for an API key a couple of days ago.


I have only two caches hidden right now, but I'm planning on adding more soon.

The service is not very popular yet here in Europe but I do see new caches popping up now and then, even here in Turku.

OpenCaching

No comments: